Are you making summer plans? Well, join us for one of our fab music camps! Here's a flyer for you to share.
The CMS-Detroit Spring Newsletter is here! Download a copy and share our stories by clicking here.
Michigan Night Light Program Profile: Aspiring Musicians Program
Michigan Night Light Leadership Profile: Rhonda Buckley
$5,000 Craig Murray Challenge Grant!! Give before Dec. 31 and your gift will be MATCHED! Make a secure online gift by clicking here.
Read about how music teaches youth essential Life Skills. It's a competitive world out there -- and kids who play music have a distinct edge.
Start of Fall Classes Press Release!
To view our 2012 Annual Report click here.
Free Community Open House- On September 8, please join us for our free Open House from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visitors can tour the school, enjoy live music and refreshments, meet the faculty and register for classes.
- Early Childhood Meet & Greet: 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Room 219.
- Adult Programs Meet & Greet: 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Multi-Purpose Room, 1st floor.
- Aspiring Musician Program Orientation (youth ages 9 – 15): 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., Multi-Purpose Room, 1st floor.
Fall classes begin September 11, 12 and 15.
- Online registration begins August 14.
- In-office registration begins August 21 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Need a flyer about CMS-Detroit summer music camps to share or post? Download one by clicking here.
- Youth News Network (YNN) reported on MSU Jazz@CMS-Detroit this spring. The story and interviews with CMS-D faculty can be seen here. Good job students!!
- Remember how much fun we had at AMP Camp last year? Check out the video on YouTube by clicking here.
- Read CMS-Detroit's Spring Newsletter by clicking here!
- AMP student drummers enjoyed a special meet-and-greet with the Pistons official Drum Line on April 19 at The Palace. The kids attended the game as guests of Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey. A great time was had by all!
- $5,000 Challenge Grant! -- A very generous and long-time friend to the MSU College of Music has presented CMS-Detroit with a wonderful gift! Craig Murray, a charter member of the College's National Leadership Council, is deeply inspired by the work MSU faculty and mentors are doing to provide music education and therapy in the Detroit community. Between now and December 31, 2011, Craig will match contributions made in support of CMS-Detroit, until gifts received reach $5,000. To help us reach this goal click here!!!!
- Read more about the Craig Murray Challenge Grant by clicking here!
- CMS-Detroit is a member of the recently launched Music Learning Alliance (MLA), a consortium of music education providers in Southeast Michigan. The mission of the group is to increase access to and awareness about music lessons for children in our region, as well as the educational and developmental benefits of music study.
- For a downloadable registration packet for fall classes at CMS-Detroit click here. Applications for tuition assistance must be submitted in person to the Detroit office.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.